[Users] Periodic "connection failed"

Steve Chupack steve.chupack at dealer.com
Mon Aug 26 02:47:31 CEST 2013

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 01:44:28 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 18:57:28 -0400
> Haines Brown <haines at histomat.net> wrote:
>
> > Here is the debug message.
> >
> I see no problems in the debug.

The only thing interesting to me here is the last two lines...

main.c:2627:Failed to get state info from NetworkManager: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
main.c:2627:Failed to get state info from NetworkManager: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

This would indicate to me that maybe NetworkMisManager (sorry, that's my pet name for it) isn't able to communicate properly with Claws. But that's an uneducated guess, and it may be a harmless error, i.e. Claws may be saying "I can't talk to NM and I'm ignoring it".

I just recompiled my copy of Claws with NM support enabled, and I get the following when I open Claws with no network connection:

main.c:3004:NetworkManager: Went offline
** Message: NetworkManager: network is offline.

I suspect that is the proper/expected behavior.

Steve Chupack | IT Systems Administrator
V: 877.327.8422 x 1242
Steve.Chupack at dealer.com | www.dealer.com