[Users] Doubled Claws

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Aug 24 00:03:53 CEST 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:13:10 -0400 Dan Arico wrote:

>> > TBH, I'm surprised at your wife's ability to get two copies running.
>>
>> Whether the duplicate instance prevention works may depend on the
>> environment CM is run within. By default, it would create a file in
>> /tmp/claws-mail-$UID/ depending on which directory for temporary files
>> it decides to use. See e.g. my comments in
>> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/956380 for what can happen and why it
>> happens.
>>
>> My work-around is to set the $TMPDIR environment variable always,
>> regardless of how/when I start CM.
>
>Today, I'm unable to duplicate it.
>
>Dan Arico

Hi Dan,

any chance it was via a separate userid with some shared permissions, or
somesuch?   I've been running 2 instances for over 10 years -- separate
userids and accounts (personal v. other).  Gives me 2 Notification plugins
in the tray.  One of these days, I may find time see if the tray icons can
be colored, or otherwise distinguished for each instance... :)

HTH,
Pierre