[Users] Search question

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Aug 16 02:42:47 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:21:21 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:35:04 -0700 Thomas Taylor wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:04:04 -0400
> >Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> >> but the Back/Forward buttons follow the selected messages.
> >
> >For some reason that doesn't work on mine.
>
> It removes the highlighting; but it still follows the selected messages
> for me...
>
> >Should have included info:
> >	CM 3.9.2
> >	KDE 4.10.97
> >	openSUSE 13.1-M4 (same on openSUSE 12.3)

> >> Maybe you'd prefer Quick Search..?  Magnifying glass below message
> >> list, or hit "/"...
> >>

> >That doesn't seem to allow for searching the body of the message, only
> >the headers.
>
> Select Extended and click on Information...
> i.e., to search for "foo", use "b foo"  (see "b S ..." in Info)

> >> HTH,
> >> Pierre

Thanks Pierre, I hadn't realized it still followed the message trail.

Tom

--
Insight comes more often than not, from looking at what's been on the table
all along.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 12.3-x86_64
KDE 4.10.00, FF 19.0, claws-mail 3.9.1
registered linux user 263467