[Users] Search question

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Aug 15 23:35:04 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:04:04 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:29:37 -0700 Thomas Taylor wrote:
>
> >When I perform a search folder (Ctrl-Shft-S) and select "find all" it
>
> Ctrl+Shft+F here

Same here, typing error

> >returns with the found messages highlighted but they are spread out over
> >the message list. When I open any of those messages for reading the
> >highlighting on the remainder is lost.
>
> but the Back/Forward buttons follow the selected messages.

For some reason that doesn't work on mine.

Should have included info:
	CM 3.9.2
	KDE 4.10.97
	openSUSE 13.1-M4 (same on openSUSE 12.3)

> >I don't find any option for grouping them or to retain the highlighting
> >of the un-opened messages. Would some of you know how to do this so that
> >the list of found messages is retained?
>
> Maybe you'd prefer Quick Search..?  Magnifying glass below message list,
> or hit "/"...

That doesn't seem to allow for searching the body of the message, only the
headers.

> >Thanks, Tom
> >

> HTH,
> Pierre

Thanks, Tom

--
Insight comes more often than not, from looking at what's been on the table
all along.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 12.3-x86_64
KDE 4.10.00, FF 19.0, claws-mail 3.9.1
registered linux user 263467