[Users] unable to insert signature line -- must be missing something very obvious??

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 9 14:04:05 CEST 2013

I've run several google searches trying to find out how to insert a
signature at the bottom of claws-mail. No luck.

Here's what I've tried but had no success

1) configuration
2) edit accounts
3) highlight the account and click edit
4) compose
5) tick the "automatically insert signatures" box
6) tick "file" button
7) browse to a .docx (Word) file I have in my home directory. This is
what I want to show up as the signature lines. (The path to this file
is displayed in the "signatures" box.
8) Apply
9) OK

But when I try to send a message with that sig line file that is
displayed in the "signatures" box what I see below the double dash (--)
separator is just this:

PK

The steps to insert a signature must be very simple. What am I doing
wrong?

Thx.