[Users] Claws-mail versioning.

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Thu Aug 8 15:30:26 CEST 2013

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:05:41 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 01:51:28PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:25:54 +0200
> > Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
> >
> > >   Hi Sharon,

> > >   If apt-cache says you have 3.9.2git59-1 then you already have
> > > it :)
> > >
> > >   Your working claws-mail is probably launched from another
> > > location (e.g. /usr/local/bin/claws-mail) and not from package
> > > installed binary (/usr/bin/claws-mail). Or could be that you
> > > installed/upgraded the package with claws-mail running and still
> > > didn't restarted it. Or even something weirder, given your
> > > previous mails about experimenting with checkinstall.
> > >
> > You were right, I was loading up from /usr/local/bin so once i'd
> > deleted that the expected claws-mail loaded. However, I seem to be
> > missing 1 plugin, mail archiver. Can you tell me its deb name please
> > so that I can download it and install it?
>
>   apt-cache search claws archiver
>
>   ;-)

Sorted! Its a bit strange that there wasn’t an entry in 'loaded
plugins' for pgpmime, so I had to wing it and go through 'pgpcore'
which created it. Never mind, its all clear at the mill! I'm off out
into the sunshine to top up my vitamin d reserves, have fun. :)

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501