[Users] Claws-mail versioning.

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 8 12:25:54 CEST 2013

  Hi Sharon,

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 09:45:51AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Yet more weirdness!
>
> According to my working claws-mail I’m using 'version
> 3.9.2-53-g4c94b2', yet according to apt-cache policy I'm using
> 3.9.2git59-1! I've removed claws-mail, I've purged claws-mail, and I've
> reinstalled claws-mail, and nothing has changed! Why? How can I get
> git59-1 working for me please?

  If apt-cache says you have 3.9.2git59-1 then you already have it :)

  Your working claws-mail is probably launched from another location
(e.g. /usr/local/bin/claws-mail) and not from package installed binary
(/usr/bin/claws-mail). Or could be that you installed/upgraded the
package with claws-mail running and still didn't restarted it. Or even
something weirder, given your previous mails about experimenting with
checkinstall.

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones