[Users] Where is the Perl plugin documented?

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 6 23:40:31 CEST 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:13:20 -0500, Steven Lembark <lembark at wrkhors.com>
wrote:

> > There's a POD file in the source distribution.
>
> Thankfully I use Gentoo -- and have source.
>
>  - If you have experiences with IMAP or newsgroup accounts, drop me a
>    message.
>
> OK, here is a message... I'll be happy to document anything we can
> find here that makes the plugin work with imap.
>
> I would using this with courier IMAP + maildirs, replacing procmail.
>
> The existing rules dispatch into locations like ".mail/Spam/".
> Looking at the POD, you are using mh? Does the existing module
> understand the maildir notation or am I better off use-ing
> Email::Filter for the final delivery?
>
> I was in the middle of writing my own tool to replace procmail
> when v5.18 changed the way code blocks are handled in regexen,
> which broke parts of Regexp::Grammars, which would've required
> re-writing the mail rule parser from scratch.

Fixed in blead with the following commit; suitable for pack-porting to
5.18.2/

commit c3923c33af542d8764d5a1e4eb5d7b311f443b89
Author:     David Mitchell <davem at iabyn.com>
AuthorDate: Tue Aug 6 16:34:50 2013 +0100
Commit:     David Mitchell <davem at iabyn.com>
CommitDate: Tue Aug 6 16:44:12 2013 +0100

    reparse compile-time /(?{})/ in right scope

> The existing code parses rules into arrayref's of header:regex
> pairs that are executed List::Util::first. Nice thing about the
> structure is simple handling of nested rules.
>
> In any case, whatever advice you can give me for dealing with
> IMAP would be appreciated.
>
> danke schoen

using perl5.00307 .. 5.19   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE