[Users] Python - RSSyl folders

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Mon Aug 5 18:45:09 CEST 2013

I've been using the mark all read recursively python script which
works great, except in the 'My Feeds"  folder. It does however work on
folders below that.

I have 3 main RSS folders: UK, World and Tech-Science and running the
script on those works, so I thought I'd make a script that runs on
those folders by setting each one as the root folder manually and then
call the deal_with_folder() function, but there is a problem with this
and python outputs that it can't find the folder:

root = clawsmail.Folder('UK')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
  "/home/david/.claws-mail/python-scripts/main/mark-all-rss-read.py",
  line 24, in <module>
      root = clawsmail.Folder('UK')
      ValueError: A folder with that path does not exist, and the
      create parameter was False.

So I put a print(root) statement in there to see exactly what the
output was when highlighting the UK folder and it outputs what you'd
expect:

Folder: UK

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Ideally, I'd like to run it on "My Feeds" anyway. Is there a reason
why highlighting this doesn't work.

Cheers

D.