[Users] Mail fetch question.

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:00:39 CEST 2013

On 2013/4/7 6:58 AM, Paul wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:48:46 -0400
> Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are filters applied on-the-fly as mail is fetched or is the mail
>> temporarily stored in the Inbox first, and then filtered?
>>
>> I would guess the former, but I don't want to assume.
>
> Neither. In between they are stored in a temp folder.

That's inefficient. What happens if the app or computer crashes in the mean time?

May I suggest you _not_ use a temp folder, that you store the incoming in the Inbox. But as they are received, scoreboard the files in a temp file. At the end, simply process the scoreboard. If things crash, on relaunch, look to see whether the scoreboard still exists. If it does, finish the filtering. Of course, you should always check for the existence of the scoreboard on every launch.
--
VMware Player 5.0.2
Host: WinXP3, 32-bit