[Users] Create filter/proc question.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 12:53:13 CEST 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:44:05 -0400
Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Claws developers:

This could be answered by users as well as developers.

> 1 - I have a MH selected (highlighted). I want to create a filter,
> but 'Create filter rule' and 'Create processing rule' in the
> 'Tools' menu are both greyed out. The only way I can get around
> that is to select the MH's Inbox. Why?

See the manual:
http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#handling_filters

"You will find the filtering preferences via the "Configuration"
menu, "Filtering" item."

and

"There is also a quick method of creating filtering rules based on
the selected message. After selecting a mail of the type you want to
filter, choose "Create filter rule..." from the "Tools" menu"

> 2 - What's the difference between 'Create filter rule' and 'Create
> processing rule'?

See the manual:
http://www.claws-mail.org/manual/claws-mail-manual.html#adv_processing

"Processing rules are the same as Filtering rules, except that they
are applied when entering a folder or when manually applied from a
folder's context menu and apply only to this folder."

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune