[Users] User manual (was: Re: The Windows port.)

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sat Apr 6 13:12:23 CEST 2013

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 06:22:45 -0400
Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> You see, that's what's wrong with so much of what I see in Linux. The
> documentation just talks around things without really saying anything.
> What people want is step-by-step: do this, then do this, then do this,
> etc. People learn that way. You can try to pound concepts and architecture
> into their heads all day and it doesn't do any good.

  That's "Claws Mail for dummies", which hasn't been written yet (probably
  because some publishing company would try to sue you), but you're free to
  start one. Anyway we've never considered Claws Mail users dummies.

  More seriously, can you point examples of that poundings in the Claws
  Manual? Or is just a general appreciation thrown for the sake of arguing?

  Because, even if written in prose and not as a collection of bullet lists,
  we've been trying to make it pretty understandable for people.

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~