[Users] IMAP4 strangeness

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 4 20:04:43 CEST 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:42:04 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> dijo:

>On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:23:57 -0700
>John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I can't figure out why sending from the new account sometimes asks
>> for the password for the old account.
>>
>> I need some clues.
>
>You could have a look at the Network log (Tools -> Network Log) to see
>what exactly happens during the SMTP session which reports the error.

Network log showed nothing at all. However, I have a partial solution.
I discovered that there was another place to enter the password under
the Send tab. After putting the password in there I can now send. And
the network log now shows success at sending.

However, nothing I send from the account goes anywhere. I sent myself
a test message from the new university account to the same new
university account. It never showed up in the new account. Then I sent
a test message to the same new university account using my Comcast
account, and the message showed up in the new university account inbox
within a minute.

So now I'm even more perplexed. I can send messages, but they go
nowhere. Nor do I get bounces.