[Users] IMAP4 strangeness

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Thu Apr 4 23:42:04 CEST 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:23:57 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> I can't figure out why sending from the new account sometimes asks for
> the password for the old account.
>
> I need some clues.

You could have a look at the Network log (Tools -> Network Log) to see what
exactly happens during the SMTP session which reports the error.

As for why sometimes Claws Mail tries to use your old account, I have no idea.
It might be some folder-specific setting, like designated "Queue" folder
referencing your old account, or something like that.

You could also run Claws Mail in a terminal with --debug option, and look at
the output during events you describe, there might be some hint.

Good luck!

Regards,
--
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>