[Users] line wrapping when prepending

H.Merijn Brand h.m.brand at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 3 16:59:12 CEST 2013

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:38:30 -0400, Steve Litt
<slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 15:03:42 +0200
> Neels Hofmeyr <neels at hofmeyr.de> wrote:
>
> > Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
> >
> > > OMG!!!!!!!!!   Let's be REALLY CAREFUL about getting back into the
> > > "wrap" code...
> >
> > IMHO unmaintainable code is per se not desirable, so I don't really
> > count that as an argument for not changing anything. If finding
> > triggers takes two years, sorry, that is just really really bad code.
>
> Neels,
>
> Thank you very much for volunteering to code, debug, and test this
> enhancement.  When you code it, please make a configuration option to
> keep it like it is now, because I like it just the way it is, and I
> have a feeling I'm not alone.

I like it the way it is, but having the *extra* possibility to
wrap/format selected code would be very welcome. And with that,
I see no need for an option,  as it currently does nothing and
re-flow selected text on Control-L seem very DWIM to me.

> Thanks,
>
> Steve Litt

using perl5.00307 .. 5.17   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE