[Users] Command line password update?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 15:17:20 CEST 2012

> If the stolen PC was being used by the thief, then he/she must have
> either known or been able to crack the password to access the machine.
> I do hope that your friend was not so stupid (naive) as to not have had
> a bonafide password in place.

I assume your drive is encrypted but putting all your passwords in one
basket means a compromise is a bigger headache but you can go to
greater length to prevent that.

> The only PC that I have that could conceivable be easily stolen would
> be my laptop. It is running Windows7 and requires facial recognition
> to access the PC. Perhaps your friend might want to consider adding
> some additional security to his replacement PC ASAP.

Hee hee, Facial recognition, the security that 6 year olds
have broken.

To the OP, the key for the passwords and the code is in the source
code. I guess a replace all passwords tool or function would be handy. I
have additional security measures but still use passwords in the client.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)