[Users] Compiling gtkhtml2_viewer on OS X 10.7

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Tue Sep 11 23:09:25 CEST 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:18:31 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> Great :) If you can find a way to make that automatic using standard
> autotools magic, we'll gladly accept the patch !

I traced the problem to the Cflags order in claws-mail.pc. It's tied to
Enchant's Cflags list. Putting the Enchant and GpgME flags at the end
cleans up the include order. I'll mail you the patch separately
(not sure if the list will strip attachments). Claws Mail and
gtkhtml2_viewer compile cleanly and run on Lion with this patch but I
don't know what else, if anything, might break.

I've also made some progress on a working MacPorts-based build process.
I'll test it on a clean MacPorts installation and write up the
instructions for the Wiki if it works reliably.

--