[Users] PDF plugin build failure with cvs47

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Sep 11 20:19:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:33:58 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:09:38 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > But I note that libchamplain is at version 1.3.2 and there is a
> > relatively recent clutter library and also a compat version
> > installed. Maybe that's why it builds and installs, so I assume it
> > should work too.
> >
> That might easily be the answer. Debian Unstable does not provide
> other than the newest libraries. geolocation fails to build with
> champlain-gtk >= 0.10

I have libchamplain-gtk-0.12.3 on Fedora 17, I think this is the
latest. Not sure where I got the version 1.3.2 from, ah, that's actually
for clutter-gtk but in F17 you get 1.2.0 with the later version for F18
and F19. clutter-gtk010 is at 0.11.4

So, I suppose that Debian unstable means exactly what it says, stable
Debian was always a long way behind the bleeding edge.

Aaargh! Just noticed that actually the installed plugin package
actually contains only a readme that says not installed because CM is
built using GTK+ 2.

I'll shut up now, except...

Holger, can you provide a snapshot of the gdata plugin CVS?

--

Brian Morrison