[Users] Can I change the text highlight color in searched messages?

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Sep 6 20:36:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:02:28 -0700
"Victoria S." <1 at VictoriasJourney.com> wrote:

> In Claws, however, this same highlighting is only evident when I
> close the "Find in current message..." popup; then the found text is
> highlighted (as above, in gedit), in the Claws mail message.
> However, while this popup is open (i.e. if you are recursively
> searching for another instance of the search term), they appear as
> black text on a very light background, virtually indistinguishable
> from the non-highlighted text, and almost impossible to spot, until
> you close the pop-up (search box).

This is because the window with the message text doesn't get focus
until you close the dialog, and when unfocused, it uses a different
colour.  You could see if you can edit your theme to change the
highlight/selection colour for unfocused windows to be the same as for
focused windows.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company