[Users] Claws freezing when creating filters..

Peter Withey claws at pwithey.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 16:01:43 CET 2012

I'd like to use Claws mail permanently but I can't consistently
create filters without
CM freezing on me. There is no way out of it except to kill CM, reopen CM and
try again. It's probably me but I can't see why so any help appreciated.

Claws Mail 3.8.1

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

It doesn't seem to matter which desktop (Unity or Gnome) I use.

When attempting to create a filter it usually goes through the
"Filtering configuration"
page without problem and then when the "Action configuration" page
opens - nothing;
whatever action I attempt. The "Filtering configuration" page is
still visible under the
"Action configuration" page. The three buttons visible "Help, Cancel
and OK" are still
active. Pressing "Help" opens the webpage. Pressing either "Cancel or
OK opens the
"Entry not saved" box. Neither of the buttons "Closed or continue
editing" are active.

It is still possible to switch focus between the three buttons on the
"Filtering configuration"
page.

The only way out is to kill the process using the "System monitor"
and reopen CM and try
to create a filter again.

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.10 / GLib 2.32.3
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8 (charset: UTF-8)
Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic (x86_64)

Any help welcome.

Pete