[Users] Printing html

Troy Vitullo troy at troyvit.com
Fri Oct 12 17:00:39 CEST 2012

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:37:45 -0400
ratinox at gweep.net wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:51:07 -0400
> Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:
>
> > I've got html2ps installed and I'm using fancy. Is there something
> > else I need to do to make the printing work?
>
> Given the information provided by Paul, it probably won't make any
> difference. If the plugin is sending the raw HTML part to html2ps then
> the printed output is going to be the same regardless of which HTML
> viewer plugin you use.
>
> I think at this point your options are to use an Action to open a
> browser window using the displayed HTML part or add native print
> capability to an exiting HTML viewer plugin.

This is a bit of a lazy-man's option but there is a "print from the command line" plugin for firefox that lets you do something like: firefox --print %s where %s is the filename you want to print. It should be easy enough to place into an action.

https://sites.google.com/site/torisugari/commandlineprint2

Looks pretty old though.

http://www.abeel.be/content/command-line-printing-firefox

This looks cool for gnome: