[Users] Certificate pop-up message

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at bluehome.net
Sat Oct 6 19:52:27 CEST 2012

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 20:16:15 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 13:12:40 -0400
> Chris Schrauben <chrisretusn at bluehome.net> dijo:
>
> >It would be nice to allow for an exception for this
> >particular provider. I have contacted this provider and to date the
> >certificate remains unchanged. Claws Mail does allow me to "Accept
> >and Save" the certificate. It only prompts once per session. The
> >first instance I get the "Save" option, during subsequent sessions I
> >am prompted to "Accept" the expired certificate.
>
> I have Claws Mail set to check  mail for my three accounts every three
> minutes. I did click on the Accept and Save button, but three minutes
> later the message popped up again. Is this a bug?

When I "Get Mail" more than one time during a Claws Mail session I only
see the expired certificate prompt once. As long as Claws in running
there is no further prompting. Now if I exit and restart, then I will be
prompted to Accept the expired certificate on the first "Get Mail". One
would think it would work the same with "Automatic checking".

I just tested this, I see the same behavior with "Automatic checking".
No additional prompts about expired certificates.