[Users] SSMPT: SSL Handshake problem

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Fri Oct 5 19:43:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:44:33 +0530
"Abhay S. Kushwaha" <kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com> wrote:

> Then either my installation is screwed up or my "at all" is an
> exaggeration from the fact that I can't calendars and RSS feeds on
> secure connections configured in Claws since that could be a plug-in
> limitation rather than that of the app itself.

Maybe none of the above. OpenSSL 1.0 changed how ciphers are negotiated
which causes anything compiled against it not to work in some cases
where they did with 0.9.8.

I seem to recall something about OpenSSL in Cygwin being unusable in
some circumstances but I don't remember what they were and I'm probably
conflating several different things.

But this does remind me of a question for Colin: what is your Windows
build environment and procedure? The GPG4Win build environments are
pretty badly broken for recent/current SVN, and their build system won't
work at all on Debian 6 or testing due to the dependency on hyperlatex
which Debian dumped due to a conflict with GNU Emacs.

--