[Users] Certificate pop-up message

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at bluehome.net
Fri Oct 5 19:12:40 CEST 2012

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 19:55:46 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On 03 October 2012 at 13h34, Chris Schrauben wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have a similar problem. Several accounts and one account with
> > an expired certificate. I am asked each time the account is accessed
> > to accept or cancel. I know which account is causing the problem, it
> > shown in the popup. Setting unsafe_ssl_certs=1 does stop the
> > notification, but this is a global setting and stops all
> > notifications on all accounts. I'd rather not do that. Is there a
> > way to isolate this down to just the offending account?
>
> Nope. Expired certificates is an issue that should be addressed by the
> system administrator, anyway...

Well I am the system administrator on my end. ;)

It would be nice to allow for an exception for this
particular provider. I have contacted this provider and to date the
certificate remains unchanged. Claws Mail does allow me to "Accept and
Save" the certificate. It only prompts once per session. The first
instance I get the "Save" option, during subsequent sessions I am
prompted to "Accept" the expired certificate. I do not think it is
unreasonable to want a setting for providers with expired
certificates at the client end. Expired certificates are not that
uncommon and I would rather not disable the verification of SSL
certificates for all of my accounts (15), just the one account
giving me problems. Since I do not use "Automatic Checking" this is not
a really problem for me, however, I can see how it would be if I did.

At any rate, you did answer my question and I thank you for that.