[Users] Build failure on Ubuntu 12.10 for claws-mail-extra-plugins

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Wed Oct 3 20:41:13 CEST 2012

On 03 October 2012 at 15h55, Holger Berndt wrote:

Hi,

> I still don't get the reasoning, but that's probably because I know
> next to nothing about packaging.
>
> We have two plugins, both have dependencies, which in turn also have
> dependencies, which conflict. It'd you separated mailmbox,  it would
> be because of mailmbox dependencies, just like the other way round. I
> don't see how anybody is more the culprit than the other.

The real problem in my opinion is the presence of three -dev packages
for libcurl. Why the hell are headers different when the lib is built
against GnuTLS, OpenSSL or NSS ?

And why the hell can't a distribution packagers team decide on which
build to use ?

And if it has to be that three different incompatible builds of libcurl
can co-exist, then why aren't their prefixes different so that the
concurrent installation of their -dev counterparts is possible ?

That gdata / mailmbox problem is just a symptom, not a root cause.
--
Colin