[Users] Certificate pop-up message

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at bluehome.net
Wed Oct 3 19:34:39 CEST 2012

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 07:49:24 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 18:03:39 -0700
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hello John,
>
> It's google.
>
> >How can I tell Claws Mail I really don't give a rat's patootie about
> >the certificate and to quit bugging me about it?
>
> Shut down CM, and set unsafe_ssl_certs=1 in .clawsrc then you'll not
> be interrupted again.

I have a similar problem. Several accounts and one account with
an expired certificate. I am asked each time the account is accessed to
accept or cancel. I know which account is causing the problem, it
shown in the popup. Setting unsafe_ssl_certs=1 does stop the
notification, but this is a global setting and stops all
notifications on all accounts. I'd rather not do that. Is there a way
to isolate this down to just the offending account?

This isn't really a big issue with me, I manually "Get Mail" on all my
accounts once or twice a day so clicking Accept is not that big a
problem. Just though I'd ask.