[Users] config-dir on FAT filesystem?

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Wed Nov 28 19:59:03 CET 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:41:34 -0500
ratinox at gweep.net wrote:

> This would work, and it would require a very minimal change to the
> claws_get_socket_name function. I'll poke at it a bit and see what I
> can work up.

Turned out to be easier than I thought it would be.

The patch removes the rc_dir_is_alt check from claws_get_socket_name so
socket_dir is always whatever g_get_tmp_dir() returns. The actual rc
directory is obtained from get_rc_dir(). This is mashed through the
same md5_hex_digest() function that APOP uses. The hash result is
appended to the socket file name instead of the UID.

I'll submit the patch to the Bugzilla shortly.

--