[Users] config-dir on FAT filesystem?

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Wed Nov 28 18:41:34 CET 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:20:35 +0100
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> Naively, I would think the socket could also be put
> into the temp directory.

This is what Claws currently does by default. The socket is
/tmp/claws-mail-${UID} (at least it is on my Linux test system).
Specifying an alternate config directory causes Claws to put the socket
in the specified config directory instead of /tmp. Thus the OP's
problem with FAT and mine with EncFS.

> There would still need to be a mapping of
> config-dir to socket, but that could be done automatically (possibly
> normalizing the config dir name, hashing it and putting the hash into
> the socket name).

This would work, and it would require a very minimal change to the
claws_get_socket_name function. I'll poke at it a bit and see what I
can work up.

--