[Users] config-dir on FAT filesystem?

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Tue Nov 27 23:10:18 CET 2012

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:22:17 +0000, Nikola wrote:

> Attempting to set up claws-mail on Linux (Mint).
>
> Can the configuration directory (--alternate-config-dir...) and
> mailbox directories be located on a FAT mountable volume/filesystem?

Short answer: Yes.

Make sure you have write rights on the mounted volume.

And instead of using --alternate-config-dir (if you're planning to
use it only to point to claws-configuration folder on the mounted
system), explore symlinking your .claws-mail to the mounted path.
Works great for me since I switch back-and-forth between linux and
windows installations all the time without needing to sync anything.