[Users] LDAP: Used schema and crash

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Wed Nov 21 00:11:55 CET 2012

Am Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:37:44 +0100
schrieb Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org>:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:13:03 +0100
> "Dr. Peter Voigt" <pvoigt at uos.de> wrote:
>

> > - What LDAP schema does Claws use for reading and writing? Can it be
> >   adjusted?
> >
> person.schema
> organizationalPerson.scema
> inetOrgPerson.schema

Aah. Thanks.

> You can only adjust the used schemas by providing a patch:-)
>
> > - Can I achieve Claws to display all attributes of my used LDAP
> > schema, e.g. the Thunderbird schema "mozillaAbPersonAlpha"? Write
> > access is not neccessary for me.
> Only the attributes defined in the above schemas will be shown. Why
> even use Thunderbird's schema when it only adds standard attributes
> prefixed with mozilla!!? Very strange behavior if you ask me.

...Thunderbird or me :-) Well, when I decided to use LDAP for my private
addresses I needed a way to feed my contacts to both bbdb and
Thunderbird. And - by the way - it was my first project with LDAP at
all. And yes, having all attributes still available with bbdb. If I had
used the above standard schema, Thunderbird would not have been happy -
but Claws would be now. I've to think about moving to a different LDAP
schema - maybe standard ones above. Currently it would be best if
Thunderbird would move to standard schemas :-).

Peter