[Users] LDAP: Used schema and crash

Dr. Peter Voigt pvoigt at uos.de
Tue Nov 20 23:13:03 CET 2012

I'am a long term Gnus and an occasional Thunderbird user. Recently
I've started to evaluate Claws Mail. I've built version 3.9.0 from
source under Linux and compare it to
http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/claws-mail-3.9.0cvs12-pkg23.exe.

Claws makes me almost perfectly happy. It could make me even
perfectly happy depending on the answers to following LDAP related
questions.

- What LDAP schema does Claws use for reading and writing? Can it be
  adjusted?

- Can I achieve Claws to display all attributes of my used LDAP schema,
  e.g. the Thunderbird schema "mozillaAbPersonAlpha"? Write access is
  not neccessary for me.

- The Windows version of Claws hangs when accessing my openLDAP server.
  This happens at least since the second lookup of a contact, e.g. in
  approximately 50% of all cases Claws hangs already before the first
  contact can be found. This behavior cannot be observed with the above
  Linux version of Claws. Should I open a bug ticket for it?

- The Linux version of Claws allows for SSL secured LDAP connections.
  Is this feature planned for the Windows version as well? I'd
  appreciate it, because I often need to access my address book over
  the internet.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Peter