[Users] How is recursive quick search supposed to work?

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Sun Nov 18 09:21:49 CET 2012

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:10:13 -0500, Steve wrote:

> How is recursive quick search supposed to work?

Non-recursive searches only the current folder. Recursive goes into
all sub-folders of the current folder as well.

> Section 3.5 of
> http://www.claws-mail.org/documentation.php?section=general says
> this is how it's supposed to work. Is there any way to get all
> matching messages in the tree to be in one message list?

No, afraid not. Only the folders with matching items are highlighted.
Nothing else is done.

What you're asking for has been described in a "virtual folder"
paradigm in various fora but to my knowledge the developers haven't
caught that itch yet. ;)

> Also, I understand a "search on IMAP server" is currently in CVS.
> When will it be on an actual release version?

It's part of an actual release now. I see you're on 3.7.9 so you'll
find many new cool things in the latest 3.9.0 including this feature.

[a]