[Users] Claws Mail Extra Plugins 3.9.0 unleashed!!

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sat Nov 17 20:11:27 CET 2012

On Sa, 17.11.2012 17:08, Ricardo Mones wrote:

>> >  ROTFL. That should teach you a couple of things: not depend on GNOME
>> >  libraries
>>
>> Aehm ... you are aware that glib and gtk+ are GNOME libs, right?
>
>  Nope, they are GIMP libraries, which were used by GNOME.

You're either wrong now, or you were wrong before when labelling
libchamplain or its dependencies as a GNOME library. As there is no
real definition of a "GNOME" library, you may pick your poison - but
stay consistent.

Glib, gtk+, libchamplain and many other have similar status concerning
GNOME: They are blessed external dependencies. And if you look at who
actually develops glib and gtk+, and how it is developed - well, it
can't get much gnome'ier.

>  Or because current plugin set is enough for current user base (including
>  developers). Or because nobody it's itched enough to make a new one...
>  Anyway we have an API!

I was talking about a plugin API. We definitively don't have that.

We have an ever-changing set of exported symbols, whose selection is
mostly random (if a symbol is needed in different compilation unit, or
if a plugin from a team member needs it, it gets exported, otherwise
not).

>  Anyway version numbers are mostly a joke,

That was precisely my point.

Holger