[Users] Fw: Claws not downloading mail (how do I check and prove the matter?)

Miroslav Rovis m.rovis at inet.hr
Thu Nov 15 20:22:18 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 07:21:21 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 02:06:22 +0100
> Miroslav Rovis <m.rovis at inet.hr> wrote:
>
> > he queries left from my earilest experience with claws-mail are
> > still standing.

Hi!

> > So I'm not changing the title.
> >
> > But I do have a different query.
>
> different queries should have different subjects. It's much easier
> later for reference. (It's also batter to have one query at a
> time).

You would've been right, sure, but I guess the reason that the
downloading of messages didn't work was, and I got that after quite some
pondering over it, that there was strange, unusual, missing of a field
that is there in most Thunderbird programs, but wasn't in mine.
It is the field:
'junk'

That must have been the reason that, as can be seen at 1min 40sec of the
video I gave link to previously:

> Iskon 5, why Claws-mail appeared as it did?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPcFj95FovM

all the mail was downloaded into a folder "Wastebin".

So, on principle, I should've made another title.
But it coincides in this case, in fact, strangely so, it actually very
probably gives solution to the previous, original query!

See more below.

> > Searched (Google and ddg.gg on verbatim:
> > csv2addressbook.pl "Problem with
> > your exported CSV file"
> > )
> > and found it only here:
> >
> > https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1047361#p1047361
> >
> > Exactly same I get:
> >
> > $ perl csv2addressbook.pl --type=thunderbird
> > --csv=/mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_121112.csv ERROR:
> >         Invalid field count!
> >         Problem with your exported CSV file
> > $
> >
> > Anybody could tell what needs to be done here?
>
> Evidently, from your other mail, you found the fix. The trouble is
> (aside from the script not being too smart) is that thunderbird
> keeps adding extra fields to the csv export. Every so often an
> extra field is added, then later another, still later, another ...

I can give the line one from csv exported thunderbird address book,
i.e., what begets with:

$ head -n1 /mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_070315.csv

First Name,Last Name,Display Name,Nickname,Primary Email,Secondary
Email,Screen Name,Work Phone,Home Phone,Fax Number,Pager Number,Mobile
Number,Home Address,Home Address 2,Home City,Home County,Home Post
Code,Home Country,Work Address,Work Address 2,Work City,Work
County,Work Post Code,Work Country,Job
Title,Department,Organisation,Web Page 1,Web Page 2,Birth Year,Birth
Month,Birth Day,Custom 1,Custom 2,Custom 3,Custom 4,Notes,

that is 070315, i.e. 2007-03-15, almost six yrs ago.

Then, in my thunderbird, over years of use, that header was changed into (and
kept at that it did):

$ head -n1 /mnt/at8-g200-Cmn/dLo/Mail.d/ThBird_101128.csv

First Name,Last Name,Display Name,Nickname,Primary Email,Secondary
Email,Screen Name,Work Phone,Home Phone,Fax Number,Pager Number,Mobile
Number,Home Address,Home Address 2,Home City,Home State,Home
ZipCode,Home Country,Work Address,Work Address 2,Work City,Work
State,Work ZipCode,Work Country,Job Title,Department,Organization,Web
Page 1,Web Page 2,Birth Year,Birth Month,Birth Day,Custom 1,Custom
2,Custom 3,Custom 4,Notes,

That was in 2010. And it did keep at that. Exactly same line in
ThBird_121112.csv it is, addressbook from a few days ago, (so no need
to reproduce it here).

I believe the missing(?) field 'junk' and without any comma after it, was
the reason my messages downloaded and hid from my view keeping me in
the dark about it for about 20 hours!

A query that is itching me is why on earth in my thunderbird was that
field by the name 'junk' missing, and why was there nothing instead of
it, just empty field after the 37th comma...

And since my thunderbird was broken into, because I gave Google HR
(HR = Croatia) access with the webmail interface for my address
miro.rovis at gmail.com that I opened an account in thunderbird for, and
since my Gentoo is on grsecurity/pax hardened
(out NSA's SELinux from Linux distros because it enables the military
superpower to spy on people worldwide, see my posts on Forums Gentoo,
such as: "System attacked, Konqueror went on window-popping spree!"
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-905472.html
 out the spy program! ask your disto's managers to quit with NSA's
 people in the business of selling SELinux to people as good thing when
 it is just a cover for hooks they need in your Linux for spying, all
 GNU Linux users!!)...
But I was saying, since my Gentoo is on grsecurity/pax hardened, they couldn't do much else, just that entrance they had, little else...
And so, IMO,  my thunderbird was broken into, by them, by them, the same
people that did clickjacking onto me (only in Croatian this video is, but
I might try and produce translation if there were interest, with time)
pls. see:

"Lectio 8 dio 4, o spamu i zloporabi od strane djelatnika Google HR-YU,
2012-10-23, 13h"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJk_8G9nFI
(the title means: "Lectio 8 part 4, on spam and abuse on behalf of the employees
of Google HR-YU, 2012-1023, 13h")
the Screencast was recorded in real time, unprepared in any way, and
was posted promptly the same day!
The clickjacking is false, ineffectual, nothing happened upon that
javascript window popup, but they needed it to be able to say that I
deleted something they wanted gone, from among my posts on Croatian-News, and which they deleted, and I never ever would!

And those people must have been the same who installed stuff such as
chat client into my thunderbird, seen at 4min 20sec of video, also given
above, and in previous mail in this thread:
> Iskon 5, why Claws-mail appeared as it did?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPcFj95FovM

So, since the missing 'junk' at the end of my thunderbird addressbook,
since it doesn't seem to be regular, only one found gave Google, see my
previous mail in this thread... Could that also be a trick, that
deleting of the last field, in the book of those kinds of abusers that
I explicitly named in this mail of mine?

> with regards
>
> Paul

Big thanks for Claws goes to you Paul and all the other great
Claws' devs! I like this program you bestow to the world, very
much!

--
Miroslav Rovis
m.rovis at inet.hr
miro.rovis at gmail.com
091 266 0202
#===      osuđen:     ===#
http://www.croatiafidelis.hr/Miroslav_Rovis_politicki_progon/
#===    pravomoćno!   ===#
http://www.exDeo.com
http://groups.google.com/group/croatian-news/
http://www.youtube.com/user/miroR2
nije moj profil, ali do siečnja 2012., a i kasnije, tamo postavljah:
http://www.youtube.com/user/prosvjednikkrcmarek
Ima nešto i ovdje:
http://vimeo.com/user9621785
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/