[Users] (Workaround): Recursive searching on more than headers

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Tue Nov 13 16:40:30 CET 2012

Hello,

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:43:31 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> If you remember I wanted message search (not quicksearch that just
> searches the headers, but the one that can also search the body) to
> enable recursion. Unfortunately it doesn't have such capability. I

Just made some tests, it does work. What I did :
 - Select the top folder you want to search into,
 - Click "Recursive" in the search option of the Quicksearch,
 - Select "Extended" if you are using something different,
 - Use the expression 'b "search text"' and key in "Return" to validate

The "seach text" expression will be search in all the current folder and
subfolders. Each matching folder will have a nice little logo instead of
the traditional icon in the folder list, and if you select it, only
matching messages will be presented.

Best,
Paul