[Users] Detach a message from a thread

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Nov 8 16:07:26 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 09:59:57AM -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:55:19 +0100 Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
>
> >Hi.
> >
> >You know some mail users prefer to "answer" a message instead of
> >creating a new thread. This can be very annoying if you have to follow
> >a mailing list (as an admin, for example).
> >
> >Is there a way to "detach" the faulty message from the thread ? I saw
> >some options accessible from a right clic on a message, under "Mark",
> >which are called "Ignore from the Thread" (or something like that, I
> >have a french interface), but didn't find their description in the
> >documentation.
> >
> >Any help, please ?
>
> Reply then Options->Remove References

  That would avoid to create the problem if the sender uses Claws Mail.

  I think he refers after damage has been done, that is, the wrong reply
is already in the thread.

  Detaching a mail from a thread would require to modify it or keep an
external database of detached messages per folder. The first is never
done by Claws Mail, and the second it's not done so far, so patches
welcome ;)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~