[Users] Could claws-mail be multi-threaded?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Tue Nov 6 10:45:20 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 02:13:33PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, I would imagine that for somebody really familiar with the
> Claws-Mail code base, it would be fairly easy to place the send
> (perhaps with its little informative dialog box) in a forked process.

  Not the first time this arises and after the years I'm still wondering
why someone would want to be shown a progress dialog when really wanting
to keep doing some other things, therefore forcing itself to put the
dialog out of focus before continuing.

  BTW, if you disable sending dialog you don't have to wait ;)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~