[Users] Androids

Troy Vitullo troy at troyvit.com
Fri Nov 2 21:29:39 CET 2012

On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 12:57:18 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After so many years, I'm gone a plunge into the world of smartphones,
> likely to be a Galaxy S3. I've been using CM since the days of
> Sylpheed.
>
> * Is there or will be there an Android version of CM?
> * If not, what's a good way of having both CM on the desktop and some
>   other MUA?
>
> I use POP and do not want to use IMAP due to the huge amount of mail
> I get on a daily basis. I subscribe to a few active mailing list plus
> a lot of email. To keep it reasonable, last month, I deleted 220
> thousand emails and I still have close to 100 thousand emails in CM.
>
> I don't need all of these emails on the phone. That's why I use CM on
> the desktop.
>
> What would be a good solution?
>
> Thanks

Hi,

FWIW I use claws with POP at home and IMAP on my Android. I can read anything I want on the phone and it doesn't affect what claws downloads. The only downside is that if I reply to a message on my phone I don't have a copy of that reply on claws and vice versa. That doesn't help your bandwidth issues though.

Troy