[Users] Benefit of Claws filters over procmail?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed May 23 16:36:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

There have been several posts about Claws filtering in the past couple
days, and I realized I've never done Claws filtering in my life. Now in
my case I have no choice -- I must filter before my local Dovecot
server in order that stuff goes in the right folder (or in /dev/null).
But in case I should ever have to advise somebody else, what are the
benefits of Claws filtering over procmail, or would it be better to use
Claws filters to get the stuff in the right directory after using
procmail to filter out the trolls?

Thanks

SteveT