[Users] Troubles with claws-mail 3.8 upgrade

Thomas C. Hicks paradox at pobox.com
Mon May 21 06:16:52 CEST 2012

On Sun, 20 May 2012 18:35:17 -0400
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 May 2012 05:33:13 +0800
> "Thomas C. Hicks" <paradox at pobox.com> wrote:
>

> > My $HOME variable is set to /home/tom - just what it has always
> > been. Speaking of other weird behavior, my hotkeys keep getting
> > rewritten to defaults rather than remembering changes I have made.
> >
> Sounds to me like a permission problem. It looks as your changes are
> never committed to the control files.

On both systems I am user tom and a member of group tom.
The .claws-mail directory is owned by tom with group tom.  Its
permissions are 700.  Changing it to 770 I was able to get persistent
changes in the hotkey definitions - I never would have thought of that
had you not pointed it out!

Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem of sending and receiving
mail in the version 3.8 install.  Any other ideas?

thomas