[Users] attachment icon doesn't show until message opened

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri May 18 20:36:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

just went looking for one of many emails I'd sent to a client earlier
today -- should be easy because it should be showing as having an
attachment...

Using threaded mode (lots of messages over the past few days), searching
for that email was hindered because there was no icon.  Once I opened the
various messages, got to the one with the attachment.  Once opened, the
attachment icon appeared.

I've seen this many times; but could never figure out why...  in this
case, it was a message received and forwarded...  however, I don't recall
if I did the Forward from inside the client folder after moving the
incoming message there, or if I moved the forwarded message from the Sent
folder...

Is anyone else experiencing attachment icons that don't show until the
message is opened?

Cheers,
Pierre