[Users] Claws Crashes Repeatedly

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Tue May 15 09:58:14 CEST 2012

  Hi,

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 08:05:45PM +0200, Andrej Kacian wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2012 17:48:33 +0200
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
> > > By the way, it still doesn't explain why the exact same setup
> > > doesn't crash on my main desktop. :) But nevermind that, I'll try
> > > making a .deb for newer gtk2-engines-oxygen (1.2.3), which is
> > > supposed to have it fixed.
> >
> >   FWIW I have 1.2.2-1 installed and never got that crash either.
>
> That's what I'm wondering as well. What X video driver do you use? For
> me, it doesn't crash on desktop with nvidia's proprietary driver, and
> it does crash on laptop with hda_intel card.

  I have to correct myself: it's a radeon, but today tested again and it's
suffering the same problem (!). Tried to upgrade xorg stuff which was outdated
but still no joy. So I guess upgrading oxygen is the only way.

> By the way, upgrading gtk2-engines-oxygen to (recently released) 1.2.4
> seems to have fixed the issue. Also, my very first .deb built, ever! :)

  That one seems still not in sid... I wonder why. If you have a link
to the deb I'll be glad to install it as well for testing :)

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~