[Users] wish : a previous button (following my reading history)

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Tue May 15 04:52:34 CEST 2012

On Tue, 15 May 2012 02:19:35 +0200, Michael wrote:

> Finally some sudden insight hit me ... maybe the underlying gtk
> subsystem (or whatever) simply do not evaluate these 'extra' mouse
> events. And thinking about the situation (with so many laptops,
> netbooks and handhelds with no mouse at all out there) it might
> need way too much modifications to implement the feature, compared
> to the few users who might use it. So let me drop this issue here!

FWIW, it's usually a function of the mouse drivers. You configure the
mouse buttons to send specific keyboard signals to specific software,
mapping them with whatever keyboard shortcuts you've assigned to the
functions you want performed when those buttons are pressed. You
might want to explore that possibility before giving up. :)