[Users] Claws Crashes Repeatedly

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon May 14 10:28:42 CEST 2012

On Mon, 14 May 2012 09:25:36 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2012 09:06:47 +0200, Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk>
> wrote:
>
> >    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
> >    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
> >    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> >    function.)
>
> Can you do that and see where it crashes ?

I tried that before, but I couldn't figure out how to do it properly.
Here's what I tried:

Run "gdb claws-mail".
Inside gdb, "break gdk_x_error" and "run --sync"
Open and close compose window.

The breakpoint never got triggered, and the application terminated with
the same error. Maybe the --sync option is ignored, or passed
differently?

Regards,
--
Andrej