[Users] ARGH! CM ignores offline mode

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu May 10 21:32:59 CEST 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 20:19:37 +0200 Colin Leroy wrote:

>On 10 May 2012 at 19h55, Romain wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>> Unplugging the network cable, or switching off the hardware switch is
>> a safer bet in those situations :)
>
>Yep :)
>
>Offline mode just means that Claws Mail won't initiate connections. If
>some are already in place, they're not stopped.

Wireless...  no cable, no physical switch;
just Fn+F2 (but swapped in Studio 1747 BIOS -- Thanks Dell...)

Any chance this could be changed?

Another reason...

For several months now, I've noticed a huge increase in HTML only mails,
most of which still display the text part when opened.  However, these
mails are moving to a model whereby when the message is simply opened, it
connects back to the sender's website...  Voila!  They've gotten around
"Never Send Return Receipts"...  so I take CM offline before opening
these HTML workarounds...  kinda confuses the senders when they get a
reply with no indication I've even opened their "trojan" messages...  LOL

Seriously, I would really appreciate CM killing the link when offline is
selected.  The attachment in this case was harmless; but I wasn't sure
and freaked because it was part of dealing with a large lender over a
client's short sale on their home...  could have been disastrous to our
client financially, and I probably could have lost my real estate license
if the wrong document got released...

Hope that's a good enough argument for an instant kill switch...

Alternatively, an option to require confirmation on any messages
containing attachments (even better, by folder) would be awesome...

Thanks as always,
Pierre