[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 30 12:53:33 CEST 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 20:14:31 -0400
Little Girl articulated:

> Hey there,
>
> Jerry wrote:
>
> > I use to have an old DOS program (remember DOS). It would reverse an
> > entire sentence or paragraph; i.e "Three, two, one" became
> > eno ,owt ,eerhT". I used it to reply to my "Top Posting" friends.
> > When they complained my response made no sense, I simply pointed
> > out it made as much sense as their "Top Posting". Alas, I have not
> > used that program in years. I don't think it would run unless I
> > used the Windows emulation feature. In any case, it is no longer
> > worth the effort.
>
> A quick Bash command in a terminal will do it:
>
> echo  "hello world" | rev
>
> (:

Thanks Little Girl. I had not thought of that idea before. Honestly, I had never used the "rev" command before.

.erofeb dnammoc ver eht desu reven dah I ,yltsenoH .erofeb aedi taht fo thguoht ton dah I .lriG elttiL sknahT

That works great. Now I can have some fun with those friggin Top Posters.

--
Jerry ♔