[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Mar 30 01:48:09 CEST 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:23:26 -0400
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:33:26 +0200
> Colin Leroy articulated:
>
> > At work, I've given up that fight long ago : grew tired of confused
> > "your reply seems empty ?" replies ! :)
>
> In one respect, I absolutely agree. "You can't fix stupid" as the
> saying goes.
>
> I use to have an old DOS program (remember DOS). It would reverse an
> entire sentence or paragraph; i.e "Three, two, one" became
> eno ,owt ,eerhT". I used it to reply to my "Top Posting" friends. When
> they complained my response made no sense, I simply pointed out it
> made as much sense as their "Top Posting". Alas, I have not used that
> program in years. I don't think it would run unless I used the Windows
> emulation feature. In any case, it is no longer worth the effort.

Out-standing!

Hey Jerry, if you'll use it like you used it before, I'll write that
program in Python so you can use it on Windows, Mac and Linux. If
you're interested, please give me the specs (in other words, tell me
exactly how the program worked), and I'll give you the program. I'll
license it free software so anyone can use it.

I already have a bunch of friends who would use such a thing.

Thanks

SteveT