[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Mar 28 21:28:22 CEST 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:56:03 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

Hello Steve,

> So my question is, how do I override the tendency to delete the
> doubledash and everything below it, or if there's no way to do that, is

As you're referring to the standard sig separator you should be aware
that it's not double dash, it's dash, dash, space (-- ).

> there a config option to kill the deletion of doubledash and everything

Initially, I thought "nonsense" as I've selected stuff below the sig
separator and quoted it without issue.  However, what I hadn't done is
tried selecting text that *straddles* the separator.  That results in
the behaviour you describe.

I'd say this is a bug since, IMO, no MUA should ignore the user's
selection of text, wherever it lies.

Finally, there is an option (in Accounts prefs) for setting the sig
separator, but that, AFAICT, has no bearing on the issue you describe.

--
 Regards  _
Every single one of us