[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Mar 28 00:34:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:19:24 +0200
Holger Berndt articulated:

> Multi-threading is not a feature, it's an implementation detail. The
> feature would be not to block the UI when doing potentially long
> operations - threading is one possible solution, but most likely not
> even a good one (if it requires direct fiddling with threads in Claws
> Mail's code base).

We are arguing over semantics. If you implement true multi-threading
into an application, it is in fact a feature of the application. To so
so, and do it correctly, would probably require a complete rewrite of
Claws-Mail and therefore is not likely to happen in the next five
minutes. From what I have seen, it takes more than a rudimental
knowledge of coding to do it correctly. It might be something the
developers might want to consider for the 4.x or 5.x version when they
are eventually written.

In any event, while I love CM for my home environment, I still prefer MS
Outlook for my business. It is a better fit.

--
Jerry ♔