[Users] Only issue prevent claws-mail to be accepted in corporate

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue Mar 27 16:26:36 CEST 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:44:48 +0200 wwp wrote:

Surely, we all know that no solution will work for everyone; but no
solution will work for no-one...  :) :)

Just suggesting yet another option.  In my case, I run two instances of CM
with 7+8 and 5+7 (active+inactive) accounts respectively. So the
suggestion would definitely help me.  Although signing-in to the 2nd
userid is making me contemplate the use of --alternate-config-dir to
avoid it.

>It's like, for instance for a POP3 account, to either:
>
>- fetch more frequently (statistically grab less data at once)

in my case, this would mean more of the long, problematic periods due to
the sheer number of accounts to scan; this could be alleviated by using
different scan times which I'd forgotten was not yet implemented -- at
least, I believe this was discussed a while back (yup, briefly; see
below).

>- fetch less frequently (but statistically grab more data at once)

This would work better for me; but even better if the scan was broken up
into individual one-account scans.

>Playing like that in order to reduce or balance the network load and
>the UI freezing is highly non realistic and ineffective to me ;-),
>unless a specific situation is met.

We currently have a one-dimensional solution (yours), and my suggestion
would add a 2nd dimension with "minimal effort" which was the real goal
of my suggestion...  :)

Still LOVE CM after 10 years; but my top enhancement request would be for
multi-threading.  Plus a way to hide (not fold) rarely used folders :)

Realistically, I'd be happy with different per-account scan times and/or
some form of return of control to the user between account scans.

Cheers,
Pierre